Beginning Life Forums
Forum Search:

Home » Public » Transgender News » Transsexual personal ad causes much controversy online (China)
Transsexual personal ad causes much controversy online [message #119199] Wed, 03 November 2010 12:40 Go to next message
Teresa  is currently offline Teresa  UNITED STATES
Beginning Life Founder
BL3D
Transsexual personal ad causes much controversy online

14:27, October 09, 2010

index.php/fa/4464/0/
Shen Qingaing, the transsexual.( photo: jxnews.com )

She was a boy five months ago but now she is registered as female on her residence booklet. Shen Qingqing, also known as the "first transsexual of Jiangxi Province," posted a personal ad online and has attracted the attention of more than 280,000 netizens.

Is this personal ad of transsexual a gimmick or an understandable behavior? Facing much criticism online, Shen who posted the ad, gave an interview to reporters on Oct. 7.

"After receiving the sex change operation in May 2010, I wanted to find a guy to marry and live my life well. However, I have very few friends around me. Therefore, I want to find my Mr. Right through the Internet," Shen said.

Shen told reporters that she has received more than 200 e-mails in her mailbox since her ad was posted on the Internet, and most people are sincere.

When reporters asked Shen what she will do if she fails, Shen said that she will continue to make efforts until she finds her Mr. Right.

Although they professed not to discriminate against transsexuals, some netizens still could not accept it.

Shu Man, a psychologist from East China Jiaotong University, said during an interview that transsexuals also have normal emotional needs just like ordinary people, and the public should understand her behavior.

The website jxnews.com contributes to this story.

By People's Daily Online
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90782/7160906.html

Re: Transsexual personal ad causes much controversy online [message #119222 is a reply to message #119199 ] Wed, 03 November 2010 18:32 Go to previous message
Hilary  is currently offline Hilary  UNITED STATES
BL Administrator (Retired)
BL3d
She is very pretty. I wish her all the best in her endeavors.
Previous Topic:Homophobia alive and well on European sports scene
Next Topic:Stars, stripes and the rainbow flag
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 31 06:15:52 PDT 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.32133 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.